Friday, March 30, 2018

Youtube Audio Library Saves the Day

     When I first started this project, my biggest question was how on Earth I was going to find good, royalty free music. The answer? The Youtube Audio Library! They have a wide range of songs that are completely royalty free. Even better, they divide it by genre so I did not have to search for hours.
     I immediately went to the 'cinematic' genre and I listened to a lot of songs. I probably spent a total of around two hours listening to music. Finally, I decided upon the song Emotional Love Theme by Biz Baz Studio for the credits. It has a sad mood (it's in the 'cinematic sad' category) but it's not overly sad. I am quite happy with that choice.
     For the rest of my opening scene, the song A Quiet Thought by Wayne Jones will be playing on and off. It's in the category of 'cinematic calm' but I think it does have a lot of sad tone to eat, maybe even more so than Emotional Love Theme. I'm not a professional, but I think it fits the mood and pace of Dear Lover.
     I'm really glad I knew of this tool before I even started filming, it was truly a life saver. I've struggled with finding good, royalty free music for other projects in the past. I was scared that it would be the same story for the project, but thankfully my teacher mentioned this wonderful tool before I even started struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment