Monday, March 5, 2018

Off to a Rough Start

     So, it's Monday morning, these blogs were due last night and here I am. I had a hectic weekend and these blogs were put completely in the back of my mind. I took a weekend trip to Orlando, trying to find a place to live in for when I attend the University of Central Florida in August. I'm pleased to announce my trip was successful and I have signed my first lease ever. However, in trying to think of my future I completely overlooked my present duties; this blog.
     But, better late than never, right? Anyway, I really don't want this to be something that happens again, so from now on I'm going to have alarms every other day remaining me to write in here if I do forget, though I will try to do most of these in school anyway.
     Back to planning out my film opening. While I did forget to write a couple blog posts, I did not forget to do a bit of further research on my intended genre. I've learned a little bit more about the specifics of what drama films contain. This site has helped me a lot in understanding all the details of the drama genre. I've noticed that a common theme in drama is realism. I have to keep that in mind, that my story and character(s) both have to be completely realistic if I want to stay true to my genre. I've started brainstorming some ideas, though I'm not sure I'm ready to open up about them yet until I have at least a couple more solid thoughts in my head.
     I've also found yet another video for inspiration, that really captures the kind of feeling I want to give my movie opening. It's the opening scene for Love Story (1970). It features the same idea as I had before, shots outdoors, and a voice over telling a sad, dramatic story.

No comments:

Post a Comment