Thursday, March 15, 2018

Script + I actually have a title now!!!

     Script writing is stressful. But I am pleased to announce that I am done! It was really difficult for me to actually do it. First, I do not understand anything at all about script writing. Two pages that I will leave in the sources are the ones I referenced most. I honestly cannot tell you what exactly I learned from each source because of how much I learned from both of them overall. Even with those though, I was still confused. Fortunately, I found a script template on Microsoft Word that ended up being my life saver. I am definitely a script writing noob.
     This template pretty much told me exactly what to do, what to write and where. If wanted to add something else I had this little thing that helped me with the format:


     In other news, I had to change the date of my filming to Friday, which makes me a little bit anxious. But it is what it is. I just know I need to get that done this week. Also, I am doing my complete storyboard really soon. The last storyboard that I did ended up being completely useless, because I hadn't written my script first. Now that I've written my script, my story has changed a little bit from my initial thought. It took me about two hours and lots of stress to get it down, but I think I'm happy with it and it will translate well into film.
     I titled it Dear Lover, you'll see why. I also added another character who only has one line. For that reason, I am comfortable playing her if I do not find someone else who would be willing to do so. I timed myself reading all of the lines without break and it ended up being about 1 minute and 20 seconds. I think that's good, as the first few clips will have no dialogue and will take up around another 20 seconds, plus breaks. In total it will probably be really close to the 2 minute maximum. Anyway, here's the script for the opening scene of Dear Lover. Enjoy!









Sources:   
http://www.storysense.com/format.htm
http://www.writersdigest.com/online-editor/7-ways-writing-a-screenplay-is-different-than-writing-a-novel

No comments:

Post a Comment