Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Ugliest Storyboard You Have Ever Seen

     I decided I'm going to film at Markham Park, the reason being that it's close, pretty, and it will give me the nature shots that I want. It's also open every day till 7:30 pm, so if I do choose to film at sunset like I've thought about doing previously, I can do that. I can also easily find a lake and an isolated area where I can film. I'm kind of stuck on the idea of wanting in the scene, and to be honest my only reasoning to that is that it will look prettier.
     I've created a very rough and pretty ugly storyboard. It's definitely a bit worse than I thought I would have by now, but I realized that I think I want to write the script before I do the proper storyboard. For now, I just threw in ideas of what I am picturing in my head into my storyboard.

     Yeah, I know... pretty ugly. I never claimed to be an artist. But you get the gist of it. There will be an opening shot, which I think I might film with my brother's drone for a more panoramic and professional look. In the short, there will be a lake and possibly Natalia, though I'm not sure. I might flip box #1 and #4 around. I want shots from far away with voice overs but also shots close up so the audience can clearly see the distress in her expression. I think I may add a call from her mother, which I'm not sure if she's going to pick up or not.
     Tomorrow, I want to sit down and write the first draft of her whole dialogue. That way I will be able to provide a more detailed and better done storyboard by mid this week, hopefully somewhere around Wednesday or Thursday.

Sources:
“Markham Park & Target Range.” Broward.org. "Our Best, Nothing Less.", www.broward.org/Parks/MarkhamPark/Pages/Default.aspx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment