Friday, March 23, 2018

Filming Day!

     The day is finally here! Today, I filmed the entirety of my film opening, all of it. It only took about... 9 hours. But we did it! Let me start from the beginning. It's all been so hectic that I did not have time to make very many blogs about the details like wardrobe choices, so I'm going to take you through the process now.
     Grades for the quarter were closing on Thursday, which meant that no matter how much I insisted, I truthfully did not know what outfit choices they would come up with until about an hour before we started filming. I understand that they were stressed out because of school so I do not blame them for being too busy to think about my school work, but nevertheless it was still frustrating. 
     I told Kailynn I wanted her to wear a gray hoodie I had, ripped jeans and sneakers for the part where she's younger and something to make her look like an adult for the part where she's older. I did not specify because I did not know what she owned, but her outfit ended up being perfect. She wore a white button up shirt, her pants and shoes were not visible. She put her hair half up half down and kept her makeup minimal for the younger part, but pulled her hair into a bun and has a full face of makeup for the adult part.
     For Andrea, I told her to wear something "cute and innocent", as that is how I visualized Luna's character. She wore a skirt and a t-shirt, which was absolutely perfect. She wore a little bit of makeup too. Unlike Kailynn though, Andrea did not wear any foundation/concealer. She does not like putting it on and so I did not ask her to, even though actors/actresses in films typically do wear some. 
     We filmed at Markham park, in a little place where there was a lake and some trees. It wasn't exactly what I pictures but we did not want to venture too far into the woods for fear of getting lost. I ended up really liking the place though, and we chose and nice little spot near the edge of the water to film. Here you can see the place, plus their costumes.


     It went well. It took us about three hours to get all of it down. It was quite frustrating to have to record audio and video separately, I already know it will be extremely time consuming to edit. Regardless, we had fun and there were minimal problems. A few were that Andrea could not say her lines with a straight face and it took us about ten takes to get them out, and I has to crawl in the mud for certain angles so my shoes are in desperate need of a clean up.



     Other than that, I think we were pretty successful and I'm really happy with how it all turned out. I had to tweak a couple small and technical things but nothing major, I almost completely followed my script word by word. Anyway, I'll continue talking about the filming experience in tomorrow's post, as this one is already getting a little bit too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment